Saturday, August 1, 2009

OK. How funny is this? I just spent about 15 minutes watching professional wrestling with my nieces "abuelita (grandma) Juanita". She doesn't speak a lick of English, but let me know who was "mala" (bad). She was so cute. The family that I am staying with went to a party and we didn't think it was a good idea for me to go, so I am at home with Doña Juanita nervously waiting for people who might come by to buy frijoles, crema or corn. Doña Juanita only has one leg and needs help getting along, so we'll see how that goes. She is going to tap on the wall with her comb if she needs anything. I guess alot of people run little stores out of their houses. Here, they sell beans, corn, popsicles, cream and cheese. So all day long people are knocking on the door asking for various items. Today I went to the market, we needed to buy toilet paper. This market is outdoors and they sell everything from little booths. I accidentally backed in to a booth selling meat, I turned around and was face to face with some sort of animal leg, and the flies were plentiful!!! I am enjoying my time alone as we have had a houseful these last 2 days. Just listening to the neighbors music and the fire crackers which are quite plentiful at all hours of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, seriously?! I all most peed my pants I was laughing so hard just now! I can only imagine. I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete