Friday, August 14, 2009



This morning I decided to tackle the huge pile of dishes in the 'pila'. When I say 'pile' I mean mountain! We do not heat the water to wash, but use a soap that is specially made for cold water washing. The only time I have ever seen water being heated is for soup or coffee, which by the ay, kids start drinking coffee here early. It's not uncommon to see a baby with coffee in it's bottle. Won't see it in my baby's bottle! Anyway, back to the dishes...While I was washing I began to hear a little 'cheep, cheep' noise coming from behind the pila. I thought that maybe the cat had brought a present in the form of a baby bird, but I couldn't find the source of the 'cheeps'. Come to find out that the woman who came to do laundry had a baby chicken in her pocket!! Her neighbor, she said, wasn't taking care of it, so she snagged it. What's funny is that the resident cat here is black and it completely reminded me of Tweety and Sylvester. The chicky is safely esconced in a bucket with a blanket under a collander, but I have seen the cat licking it's lips and plotting! I thought it was so cute, I just had to take it's picture. All day though, it has been cheeping a merry tune and if it doesn't sleep tonight, I am having fried chicky in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment